When we use the term “peripheral A/V device” or just “device” we mean one of the many and varied boxes that go with the modern TV viewing experience. Most often this is a satellite decoder/recorder but we can support most other devices you may want to use.
Typical current devices
- SKY; +HD, Q (main box, Mini, Hub & Booster)
- Virgin Media; TiVo (inc. new V6) and V HD
- B&O; BeoLink Gateway and Converter, Master Link Gateway
- PVRs; Humax; Youview DTR-T2000, Freesat HDR-1100S, Freeview FVP-4000T. Panasonic DMRHWT.
- Games consoles; Sony PlayStation 4 (PS4, PS4 Slim & PS4 Pro), Microsoft Xbox ONE S & ONE X, Nintendo Wii U
- Network devices; Linksys router EA4500
- Apple TV (any generation)
- Amazon Fire TV 4K UHD
- Sonos Boost
- Roku (2&3)
Because devices come in so many shapes and sizes with frequent new models we made our Support Grips strong and infinitely adjustable to suit the widest range of sizes and cope with likely updates.
We recommend the Support Grips for use with device sizes:-
Mini Devices:- from 9 x 7 x 1.5 to 12 x 12 x 5 cm
Single Devices:- from 11.5 x 11.5 x 2.5 to 40 x 30 x 8 cm
Double Devices:- up to 40 x 30 x 14 cm (total) *
Maximum weight per frame 6.5kg
* Double devices; if you wish to fit 2 large devices (SKY +HD or Virgin Media TiVo with a PS4) we recommend using 2 frames. If it is essential to fit both devices on 1 frame it can be achieved by omitting the supplied protectors, utilising the device feet for protection.
Most previous generation devices will fit as well as more specialist fitments including: -
- Sky; +HD DRX890, +HD PVR4, HD DRX595
- Virgin Media TiVo
- Linksys router EA6500
- Sony PlayStation; PS3, PS3 Slim, PS3 Super-Slim.
- Microsoft Xbox; 360, 360 slim.
- Nintendo Wii.
- Humax; HDR-1000S, HDR-1010S, HB-1000S.
- Samsung STB-E750.
With so many combinations of device, bracket and wiring being possible it is not feasible to give positioning guidance for each device. In general devices are normally best rested on their ends but it is important for customers to ensure adequate access for installation and use (e.g. wiring, inserting discs in games consoles) and that the device is stable.